Connecticut is such a dreamy place to get married. So many of the wedding venues in Connecticut have a sense of seclusion and privacy that many of the other New England estate wedding venues compete to offer. Here are a few of the best wedding venues in Connecticut.
Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park
Connecticut has some of the most beautiful state parks you can ask for, and this state park happens to have a sophisticated mansion called Eolia. Their website is a little outdated, but I can promise you that they have a venue you’ll want to visit as you plan your Connecticut wedding.
Eolia Mansion Features
- Accommodates 150 guests
- Italian-style villa and amphitheater by the seaside
- Stunning fountains, sculptures and gardens
- Wedding suite and breakfast room for the darling couple
- 230 acres of impeccable landscaping with seaside views
- A wealth of greenery and Italian architecture
- Situated between New York and Boston
Lord Thompson Manor
Lord Thompson Manor is a country estate with nothing but quaint and elegant details. Bright green hedges, vine-covered walls and luxury table settings will add a touch of class to your wedding day.
Lord Thompson Manor Features
- Indoor and outdoor ceremony locations
- Luscious garden for cocktail hour
- Exclusive, 40-acre estate
- 6 guests rooms and a Cottage House with 7 guest rooms
The Wheatleigh Hotel (I’m swooning just over the name) is an extraordinary Italian mansion. It was built as a wedding gift for Henry H. Cook’s daughter. It was supposed to be a ‘summer cottage.’ More than 150 artisans traveled from Europe to craft this intricate estate. Technically it’s about 40 minutes north of Connecticut, but it’s worth the drive!
Wheatleigh Hotel Features
- 22 acres surrounded by mountains and lakes
- 19 sophisticated suites to house your guests in
- A mix of antique and contemporary furnishings
Selecting Your Connecticut Wedding Venue
I know it can be overwhelming deciding which venue is best for you. If possible, I always recommend visiting the location and making a date out of it. Pick the venue that feels like you — that you could see yourself visiting every anniversary as you celebrate your love.
I would be honored to work with you as your Connecticut wedding photographer. Please get in touch here to ask about my availability as many weddings book in advance.
Read the Comments +